60 Quentin Road
Lake Zurich, IL 60047
(847) 307 0073
  

Monday - Friday
8:00am - 6:00pm

Conference

Square Pegs/Round Holes
The Right Fit for the Right Student


Thursday, February 28th, 2019

4:00pm to 8:00pm


Hosted by: Road to Learning


For: Teachers, Tutors, Administrators, and Parents


  • Learn how the dyslexic brain thinks
  • Experience what it is like to be the “square peg” trying to fit into the “round hole” with hands-on simulations depicting a dyslexic’s struggles in the classroom setting
  • Learn easy and manageable accommodations for your class
  • Discover supportive learning apps

Special Speakers:

 

Dr. Bobb Darnell, President of Achievement Strategies, Inc. presents:


Are You Using These 3 Strategies for Success?


Discover how you can teach dyslexic students three powerful strategies that will help them confidently acquire, process, and use information. See how technology can be used to reinforce learning-to-learn skills and help students become successful self-directed learners.


Lisa Stankus, Director of Road to Learning, presents:


Dyslexia – What is it? Who does it affect? How can you help?


Approximately 80% of the population fits into round holes, but what about the other 20%? We all know struggling students, but are we providing these “square pegs” with the best interventions? Lisa helps us to understand how the dyslexic brain thinks.  She will demonstrate what it feels like to be dyslexic in a classroom setting and introduce classroom strategies that promote success for all learning styles.


Cost: $60.00
  

Group Discount: Groups of 3–4: $55 per person; Groups of 5+: $50 per person

Dinner available for an additional $8.00

(All-You-Can-Eat Fresh Homemade Pizza, Salad, and Soft Drinks and Coffee)


*Early Bird Special:
Register by 2/8/19 and get your dinner for $4.00!

 

or
Register by phone:
847-307-0073

WE HAVE THE SOLUTION TO READING AND SPELLING STRUGGLEs